Can you split cartons?
We sell full, unopened cartons only unless under special circumstances we have a prior arrangement with you.
What is the shelf-life of your products?
When compared to traditional plastic packaging, our plant-based packaging has a shorter shelf life. With that being said, if stored correctly, Ecoware products will last between 18-24 months. We recommend storing our products in a cool, dry area and out of direct sunlight. For more information on shelf life, please contact one of our staff on 0800 GO 4 ECO.
What does commercially compostable mean?
The majority of Ecoware products are certified as commercially compostable to multiple international standards recorded under the International Organization for Standardization (IOS). The primary standards are from Europe and the US and to meet these standards, three things must be achieved:
1) the product must 100% biodegrade,
2) the product must biodegrade into completely non-toxic by-products, and
3) the product must biodegrade within 90 days.
For these three things to be achieved, optimal conditions are required: high temperature (on average 65°C), sufficient moisture and air, and the right population of microorganisms to chew down the waste.
Commercial compost facilities in NZ maintain these conditions in a controlled environment, so we can confidently say that Ecoware products meet the international standard of being able to biodegrade within 90 days at these business operations. Even better, the compost produced at these places is subsequently sold to agriculture and communities to do further good. To learn more head to our blog -
Can I put your products in my home compost bin?
Ecoware products that are certified for home composting can most certainly be disposed of in your home compost bin.
However, the majority of Ecoware products are certified for commercial composting. We do not recommend that certified commercially compostable products are disposed of in a home compost bin due to the lack of high temperature and inconsistent conditions. However, some customers have trialled Ecoware products in their home compost bins and been successful.
What happens if your products end up in a landfill?
There are certain areas in New Zealand where accessibility to commercial composting is limited, and the only disposal option for our products is landfill. In a modern landfill, nothing really breaks down. Ecoware products will not compost in a modern landfill the way it has been designed to. Rest assured you still have the material benefits that don't exist with traditional oil-based packaging: packaging made from renewable plant material.
For more information, go to our blog page -
Are your products recyclable?
Recycling is not simple in New Zealand as each region has its own recycling programs and infrastructure. As an example, Ecoware’s Kraft Tableware range is recyclable in some areas even when oil-soiled from food, but not in others. Our bioplastic products are routinely recycled around the world, but unfortunately, in New Zealand, we do not have the infrastructure yet. We’re ahead of the time and waiting for the support to catch up.
Why are Ecoware products more sustainable than traditional plastic packaging?
Traditional plastic food and beverage packaging is derived from oil, the worlds scarcest and non-renewable resource. Our packaging is mostly derived from rapidly renewable plant resources such as corn and bamboo. Manufacturing food packaging from plants is a sustainable alternative when compared to oil-based food packaging. As an example, the manufacture of Ecoware’s IngeoTM bioplastic made entirely from plants, emits up to 80% fewer greenhouse gases during production compared to the comparable manufacture of traditional PET and PPS plastic.
Ecoware products are designed to be composted after use, broken down into nutrient-rich compost as opposed to recycled and eventually destined for landfill. Compostable packaging is adherent to a sustainable, circular economy.
Where is your company based and what is the origin of your products?
Ecoware is a New Zealand owned and operated company with our head office located in Freemans Bay, Auckland. We have multiple manufacturing facilities are based throughout Asia where renewable plant materials like bamboo and paper are readily available. We have three national warehouses in Auckland, Christchurch and Wellington to ensure efficient and timely deliveries.
Shipping & Returns
How long will it take for my products to be delivered?
Our delivery time frames: If your order is received before 12pm on a working day, it will be dispatched that evening. Any orders received after 12pm will be dispatched the following working day.
Following dispatch, most orders to the North Island will be delivered overnight, and most orders to the South Island will be delivered within 2 days.
Please note that due to COVID-19 there are still some delays occurring. If you haven’t received your order in 3 working days, please reach out to email@example.com.
What is your returns policy?
If you need to return your products for whatever reason, please give us a call on 0800 GO 4 ECO, and we will assist you.
Ecoware's return policy:
1. Products can only be returned to Ecoware for credit within 7 days from invoice date even if Ecoware is at fault, so it is imperative you check your goods upon delivery.
2. You will be responsible for paying for your own shipping costs to return your item(s). Shipping costs are non-refundable.
3. Returned products can only be credited at the value equivalent to the current market value of the products, less shipping costs (if any).
4. Due to our food safety requirements, to be eligible for a return, your item(s) must be unopened, and in the same condition that you received it.
5. Any goods that have been written on or defaced in any way will not be eligible for return.
6. If you need to exchange or return an item, send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and a company representative will be in touch with you within 2 working days.
7. If you are returning an item, you should consider using a trackable shipping service or purchasing shipping insurance. We don’t guarantee that we will receive your returned item.
8. You will be advised of the address to send your returned item(s) when you are contacted by a company representative. Do not send your item(s) back to a location which has not been pre-agreed, or you will not be eligible for a return or an exchange.
9. Please note that all PLA cold cups, straws, deli bowls & lids are extremely heat sensitive. These products should not be left outdoors. Ecoware will not accept responsibility should these products be damaged due to heat exposure.
10. Ecoware reserves the right to refuse any exchange or return for all purchases.
Do you offer free delivery?
Yes on all orders over $750 or more, or $5.50 per carton on orders below $750.